Friday, September 9, 2011

imagine








John Lennon made his sugarcoated case for world peace and struck a responsive chord with fans and critics alike. He recorded the basic tracks with Klaus Voormann and Alan White at his home studio in Tittenhurst Park, with more instrumentation added at Record Plant in New York City with Phil Spector. George Harrison, Nicky Hopkins, King Curtis, and the Flux Fiddlers all played prominent roles in the sessions. 'Imagine' topped album charts in Australia, the Netherlands, Norway, Japan, the UK, and the US.






http://www.johnlennon.com/







The controversial title track challenges listeners to visualize a utopian society without divisive elements like religion, possessions, or countries. It was a number one hit in Australia, Canada, and the UK, peaking at number three in the US.

"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one "






The country grooves of 'Crippled Inside' are a sly disguise for a satirical look at hypocrisy and bigotry.

"You can wear a mask and paint your face
You can call yourself the human race
You can wear a collar and a tie
One thing you can't hide is when you're crippled inside"





The sweeping 'Jealous Guy' was originally composed during the Beatles trip to India in 1968.

"I was trying to catch your eyes
Thought that you was trying to hide
I was swallowing my pain"



'I Don't Want To Be A Soldier'

"Well, I don't wanna be a rich man, mama, I don't wanna cry
Well, I don't wanna be a poor man, mama, I don't wanna fly
Well, I don't wanna be a lawyer, mama, I don't wanna lie
Well, I don't wanna be a soldier, mama, I don't wanna die"



'How Do You Sleep?' mercilessly disses McCartney.

"So Sgt. Pepper took you by surprise
You better see right through that mothers eyes
Those freaks was right when they said you was dead
The one mistake you made was in your head"








full album:





All songs written by John Lennon, except "Oh My Love" by Lennon and Yoko Ono.

Side one
"Imagine" – 3:01
"Crippled Inside" – 3:47
"Jealous Guy" – 4:14
"It's So Hard" – 2:25
"I Don't Want to Be a Soldier" – 6:05 [nb 3]
Side two
"Gimme Some Truth" – 3:16
"Oh My Love" – 2:50
"How Do You Sleep?" – 5:36
"How?" – 3:43

"Oh Yoko!" – 4:20




No comments:

Post a Comment