Wednesday, March 23, 2011

elvis presley










When the Hillbilly Cat released his first album, he changed the face of music forever. RCA had bought Presley's contract from Sun Records for an unheard of $35,000, taking a chance on rock and roll and the buzz surrounding him. 'Elvis Presley' spent ten weeks at the top of the pop album chart, became their first pop album to make more than a million dollars, and ten years later became the first album in history to sell a million copies.







https://www.elvis.com/








"Blue Suede Shoes"

Presley recorded his cover of 'Blue Suede Shoes' live in the studio. Perkins' version was rising on the charts at the time and Presley requested that it not be released as a single to compete with the original; and the label agreed to hold off until later that year. It starts the album with his classic count off:

"Well It's a one for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Now go cat go!"





"Tutti Frutti"


1956 Elvis Presley ~ Tutti Frutti by Cdugato




"M0ney Honey"




"I'll Never Let You Go (Lil' Darlin')" was a cover of Country and Western 'crooning cowpoke' and movie star Jimmy Wakely. It was recorded at Sun.





The last of the Sun recordings on the album, "Blue Moon" was a cover of the ballad by MGM songwriters Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart.





'Elvis Presley'

full album:


01 Blue Suede Shoes
02 I Got A Sweetie (I Got A Woman)
03 I'm Counting On You
04 I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
05 That's All Right
06 Money Honey
07 Mystery Train
08 I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry (Over You)
09 Tryin' To Get To You
10 One Sided Love Affair





1. "Blue Suede Shoes"   2:01
2. "I'm Counting on You"   2:24
3. "I Got a Woman"   2:25
4. "One-Sided Love Affair"   2:11
5. "I Love You Because"   2:40
6. "Just Because"   2:33
7. "Tutti Frutti"   1:59
8. "Trying to Get to You"   2:33
9. "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Cry (Over You)"   2:04
10. "I'll Never Let You Go (Little Darlin')"   2:25
11. "Blue Moon"   2:43
12. "Money Honey"   2:36
bonus
13. "Heartbreak Hotel"   2:09
14. "I Was the One"   2:33
15. "Lawdy, Miss Clawdy"   2:10
16. "Shake, Rattle and Roll"   2:27
17. "My Baby Left Me"   2:13
18. "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You"   2:44

No comments:

Post a Comment