Saturday, February 19, 2011

green mind









J Mascis carried Dinosaur Jr. from indie obscurity into the majors on a joyous wave of feedback. After three albums (Dinosaur  in  1985,  You're Living All Over Me in 1987,  and  Bug in 1988), Lou Barlow left the band to pursue work with Sebadoh, Mascis took on most of the production and performances on the album with drummer Murph only sitting in on a few of the tracks. The sound is more toned down from their previous work, adding acoustic textures and keyboards through overdubbing and tapping into his dark emotions and seizing the moment with humor and heart.





http://www.dinosaurjr.com/








"There's a place I go
But you're not there
And I'm supposed to know
How to get to where
You're gonna be
But you don't even know
So I'm flakin'
While you're shakin' it
With every stone you fly
Without a mind, without a spine
What is it that you wanna find?"









"Don't do it, give in this time
Because without it things will start goin' down
I try to stop you 'cause I know why
You been smilin' lately dancin' around
Come on down"










"I don't know a thing to say to you ...
I know why, I know why"














"It could be a big mistake
Can't you help move it along?
If I keep stewin' 'bout how I feel
The plate will split, then I won't have to deal
Sounds like a plan but it's kind of lame to let it slide
Knowin' either way I haven't tried
Can't figure out where it all stands In a green mind"





'Green Mind'
full album:




All songs written by J Mascis, except where noted.

1. "The Wagon"   4:53
2. "Puke + Cry"   4:27
3. "Blowing It"   2:43
4. "I Live for That Look"   1:56
5. "Flying Cloud"   2:35
6. "How'd You Pin That One on Me"   4:23
7. "Water"   5:38
8. "Muck"   4:15
9. "Thumb"   5:38
10. "Green Mind"   4:56




No comments:

Post a Comment