Monday, August 15, 2011

endless love









Diana Ross & Lionel Richie had a huge hit that no one can deny with this duet for Motown. Richie wrote the song for Ross to be used as the theme for the film 'Endless Love'. The song was rush-recorded in an early morning session that Richie considers to have been "a disaster." Richie and Ross met at a studio in Reno, Nevada during a brief window when their schedules coincided. He recalls, "I'd not written a duet before but the record company suddenly changed the song to a duet and got Diana Ross in. She arrived at the studio and told me she wants my part. I have to kind of make her part up because I can't sing in that key. What you hear on the record is what happened on the day as it had to go out the next day for the movie." Ross left Motown Records two months before 'Endless Love' was released, signing a twenty million dollar deal with RCA. The song became the biggest hit of her entire career and her last number one. It also became Richie's first solo number one, topping the charts for nine weeks. 'Endless Love' received Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, won a Marquee Award in for Best Original Song and an American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Single.








http://lionelrichie.com/


www.facebook.com/DianaRoss/


My love,
There's only you in my life
The only thing that's bright
My first love,
You're every breath that I take
You're every step I make
And I
(I-I-I-I-I)
I want to share
All my love with you
No one else will do...
And your eyes
Your eyes, your eyes
They tell me how much you care
Ooh yes, you will always be
My endless love
Two hearts,
Two hearts that beat as one
Our lives have just begun
Forever
(Ohhhhhh)
I'll hold you close in my arms
I can't resist your charms
And love
Oh, love
I'll be a fool
For you,
I'm sure
You know I don't mind
Oh, you know I don't mind
'Cause you,
You mean the world to me
Oh
I know
I know
I've found in you
My endless love
Oooh-woow
Boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom, boom, booom
Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom
Oooh, and love
Oh, love
I'll be that fool
For you,
I'm sure
You know I don't mind
Oh you know-
I don't mind
And, yes
You'll be the only one
'Cause no one can deny
This love I have inside
And I'll give it all to you
My love
My love, my love
My endless love


No comments:

Post a Comment