Friday, January 28, 2011

let it snow! let it snow! let it snow!



 'Ol' Leather Lungs' had no place to go because he was snowed in at the top of the charts. Big band leader Vaughn Monroe was known as "the Baritone With Muscles" and "the Voice With Hair on its Chest". He was also an actor and had his own television show in the early fifties.

The song was written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne in Hollywood, California during one of the hottest days on record. Monroe's version spent five weeks at number one and is one of the best-selling songs of all time.






Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
And I brought some corn for popping;
The lights are turned way down low,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

When we finally kiss good night,
How I'll hate going out in the storm;
But if you really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing,
But as long as you love me so.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment