Tuesday, February 7, 2012

let's stay together















Al Green had his biggest hit with this soulful classic that he didn't even want to record. His producer Willie Mitchell worked out the tune with drummer Al Jackson and gave it to Green, who wrote the lyrics in five minutes. Green argued for two days with Mitchell over whether to cut the song and finally relented. 'Let's Stay Together' became the title track for his next album and his only number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100. It topped the R&B chart for nine weeks, making it the biggest hit on that chart in 1972.






https://www.facebook.com/algreen/









I, I'm I'm so in love with you
Whatever you want to do
Is all right with me
Cause you make me feel so brand new
And I want to spend my life with you

Let me say that since, baby, since we've been together
Loving you forever
Is what I need
Let me, be the one you come running to
I'll never be untrue

Oh baby
Let's, let's stay together
Lovin' you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Whether times are good or bad, happy or sad

Why, why some people break up
Then turn around and make up
I just can't see
You'd never do that to me (would you, baby)
Staying around you is all I see
(Here's what I want us do)

Let's, we oughta stay together (gether)
Loving you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
Come on
Let's stay,(let's stay together) let's stay together
Loving you whether times are good or bad





'Pulp Fiction'



President Obama at the Apollo Theater in Harlem.

No comments:

Post a Comment