Saturday, April 2, 2011

crazy









Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo Green turned the electric industrial Euro soul of Gnarls Barkley into the coolest one hit wonder and made us all want to be crazy. The music was inspired by "Last Man Standing" by Gian Piero Reverberi and Gianfranco Reverberi from the 1968 spaghetti Western 'Viva! Django'; and they are credited for the song along with Brian Burton and Thomas Callaway. Danger Mouse recalls a conversation that gave rise to the song: "I somehow got off on this tangent about how people won't take an artist seriously unless they're insane... So we started jokingly discussing ways in which we could make people think we were crazy... Cee-Lo took that conversation and made it into 'Crazy,' which we recorded in one take." The song topped singles charts all over the world (in the UK for nine weeks) and was the best selling song of that year. It won a Grammy (for Best Urban/Alternative Performance) and topped numerous critics polls. Four years later, Rolling Stone would name it the best song of the decade.











http://www.gnarlsbarkley.com/



















I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place.
Even your emotions had an echo
In so much space

And when you're out there
Without care,
Yeah, I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly

And I hope that you are having the time of your life
But think twice, that's my only advice

Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are,
Ha ha ha bless your soul
You really think you're in control

Well, I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
Just like me

My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun
And it's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done

Maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably

Uh, uh







St. Elsewhere

full album


1. "Go-Go Gadget Gospel" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo Green, Nicolas Flagello 2:19
2. "Crazy" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Gian Franco Reverberi, Gian Piero Reverberi 2:59
3. "St. Elsewhere" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Barry Clarke, David Costa, Celia Humphris, Unwin Brown 2:30
4. "Gone Daddy Gone" Gordon Gano, Willie Dixon 2:28
5. "Smiley Faces" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo 3:05
6. "The Boogie Monster" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Armando Trovaioli, Angelo Francesco Lavagnino 2:50
7. "Feng Shui" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Nino Nardini 1:26
8. "Just a Thought" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Kevin Peek 3:42
9. "Transformer" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Marlene Moore 2:17
10. "Who Cares?" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Keith Mansfield 2:27
11. "Online" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo 1:48
12. "Necromancer" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo 2:57
13. "Storm Coming" (arranged and orchestrated by Daniele Luppi) Danger Mouse, Cee Lo 3:08
14. "The Last Time" Danger Mouse, Cee Lo, Ian Langley 3:25

bonus tracks
"Transformer" (instrumental) – 2:10
"The Boogie Monster" (instrumental) – 2:49


No comments:

Post a Comment