Monday, January 2, 2012

electric warrior













T. Rex defined glam rock and reached the pinnacle of their career with the effortless grace and lascivious grooves of this magical mythological masterpiece. Expanding on the electrified hooks of his singles 'Ride A White Swan' and 'Hot Love', Marc Bolan took his expanded lineup with an abbreviated name into the studio with producer Tony Visconti to record a full-lengh exposition of his flamboyant and deliciously gritty pop. The production opens up the sound to produce a sweeping otherworldly abandon that is both sexy and spiritual. 'Electric Warrior' was a number one smash in the UK, spending more than eight weeks at the top of the charts and becoming the biggest selling album of the year. Bolan said: "I think 'Electric Warrior', for me, is the first album which is a statement of 1971 for us in England. I mean that's... If anyone ever wanted to know why we were big in the other part of the world, that album says it, for me."







http://www.marc-bolan.com/

























'Mambo Sun' will get lodged in your brain.

"With my heart in my hand
I'm a hungry man for you
I got stars in my beard
And I feel weird for you
Beneath the bebop moon
I'm howling like a loon for you
Beneath the Mumbo Sun
I've got to be the one for you"




'Cosmic Dancer' uses dance as a metaphor for rebirth and transcendence.

"Is it wrong to understand
The fear that dwells inside a man
What's it like to be a loon
I liken it to a balloon
I danced myself out of the womb
Is it strange to dance so soon
I danced myself into the tomb
But then again once more "










'Electric Warrior' 
full album:




All songs written and composed by Marc Bolan. 

Side A
1. "Mambo Sun"   3:40
2. "Cosmic Dancer"   4:30
3. "Jeepster"   4:12
4. "Monolith"   3:49
5. "Lean Woman Blues"   3:02
Side B
6. "Get It On"   4:27
7. "Planet Queen"   3:13
8. "Girl"   2:32
9. "The Motivator"   4:00
10. "Life's a Gas"   2:24

11. "Rip Off"   3:40








No comments:

Post a Comment